There’s a ton of fun stuff to do in East Devon this summer and here are just a few tasters…
4th August 2017 is the start of Sidmouth Folk Festival with visitors coming in from all over the world! The population of Sidmouth (normally around 15,000) quadruples to over 60,000 for the world famous Sidmouth Folk Festival… there’s even a plaque!
The Red Arrows fly into town at the end of August…
So what else is happening in August in around Sidmouth?
• Summer Hopper Bus service (not Folk Week)
• Sidmouth Town Band Concerts, Sundays in Connaught Gardens 8pm
• Tours of St Giles 7th Century Church, Sidbury on Thursdays 2.30pm
• 4 to 11 – Sidmouth Folk Week
• 10, 24 – Ottery St Mary Silver Band Concert in Connaught Gardens 7.45pm
• 12 – South West Astronomy Fair, Norman Lockyer Observatory
• 19 – Last Night of the Proms, Sidmouth Town Band in Connaught Gardens
• 19 – The Sid Valley Horticultural Society Flower and Craft Show at Sidford Playing Field
• 22-24 Railway Memorabilia and Photographic Exhibition at Kennaway House
• 24 – Woolbrook Flower and Craft Show at St Francis Church Hall, Woolbrook
• 25 – Red Arrows display over Sidmouth seafront (display date and time to be confirmed)
• 26 & 27 – Sidmouth Regatta
• 26 – Sidmouth Lions Club Great Book Sale at St Teresa’s Church Hall, Sidmouth 9.30am
Obviously if you are looking to rock with other folk at the festival or enjoy the Red Arrows, some local accommodation in Sidmouth might be in order?
So what’s happening in August in around Exeter?
30 July 2017
Exeter Classic Motorcycle Club – Dartmoor Run
This is a run of approximately 90 miles. We ride out from Exeter Quay (EX2 4AN) taking in some of the most beautiful parts of Devon, including a spectacular ride over the high moors of Dartmoor, before returning to the Quay. There will be a lunch…
1 Aug 2017 to 6 Aug 2017
Exeter – UnPacked Family Theatre Festival 2017
PaddleBoat Theatre Company have packed a very big suitcase full of exciting theatre shows and creative workshops for all the family to enjoy this summer.
5 Aug 2017
Shaldon Water Carnival
Every year the Shaldon Water Carnival Committee put on an event to rival the most eccentric of ceremonies. Somewhere between a carnival and a regatta, the Shaldon Water Carnival provides a day of creative explosions and colourful entertainment.
12 Aug 2017 to 19 Aug 2017
Dawlish Carnival Week
Dawlish Carnival week is one of Devon’s largest seaside carnivals, taking place over 7 days during August. Lots of free fun and entertainment for the whole family! The Grand Carnival Procession will take place on Friday evening.
18 Aug 2017 to 23 Aug 2017
Torbay Royal Regatta 2017
24 Aug 2017 to 26 Aug 2017
Dartmouth Royal Regatta
The Regatta is based around a programme of rowing and sailing events, but also incorporates a busy programme of activities including air displays, fireworks, a large fair, and many other smaller events that happen in and around the town centre.
If you know of other events going on in August then please add them as short comments with links to websites where folk can find more information below. Thank you.
Come and enjoy East Devon.